A winter landscape and winter weather conditions place special demands on your equipment, not only in terms of the material and design of details, but also in how you use and maintain them during your trek. There is a rule of thumb that says that 30 per cent of your total ability to function in the outdoors, not in the least during the winter, depends on your clothing and other equipment. The rest, in other words a whopping 70 per cent of your capacity, is dependent on your ability to apply experience and skill – which includes using your equipment in the most efficient way. In other words, good equipment plays a large role in your preparations for your trip, but what is equally important is spending a lot of time outdoors with your equipment.

Products found: 7 Show: All
  1. Pack list

    Pack list

    When packing for a winter trek, you mainly use the same list of equipment that you use for treks during the other seasons of the year. Read more »
  2. Backpacks


    A winter backpack often needs to be a bit larger than a backpack for a similar trek during the summer. Read more »
  3. Sleeping bags

    Sleeping bags

    Your sleeping bag and your wind sack together form the most important piece of equipment from a safety perspective. Read more »
  4. Stoves


    A good winter camping stove should be stable and have a large pot that you can use to melt snow for drinking. Read more »
  5. Skis


    The ski equipment industry is a bit of a jungle with all of the different features, binding systems and accessories that are available. Read more »
  6. Eyewear


    Bright light is blinding and the effect is magnified by the reflective surfaces all around you. You should bring along protection for your eyes. Read more »
  7. Wind sacks

    Wind sacks

    A wind sack is lightweight, windproof and takes up little space. It also provides absolutely essential protection. Read more »